Monday, May 7, 2007

redbox.com

I was doing my weekly grocery shopping when I saw the big red vending machine at checkout. As a good former Coca-Cola employee, I see a red vending machine and my mind immediately goes to the great taste of Diet Coke or occasionally Barqs Rootbeer. In this case though, the box belonged to a company called Red Box which offers new release DVD rentals for $1 right from your grocery store or the local McDonalds...genious! I've been hearing great things about Freedom Writers and now I have my excuse not to see it as I can now pick up a carton of milk and my movie without having to make a second stop. To make my find even better I learned that if you log onto their website at www.redbox.com they will give you a code to get one movie entirely free! Beautiful!

UPDATE: We got and watched Freedom Writers and it is incredible! Should you be looking for a movie recommendation next time you are wanting a video, I highly recommend this!

3 comments:

Just the Sous Chef said...

I love this idea ... but unfortunately every time I have tried to use it the movie I want is no longer available (already rented)?! But I will keep trying. It is far more convenient then making an extra drive to Blockbuster. :) - TK

KR said...

Hmmm...well that's frustrating! I just tried and luckily enough did get the movie I wanted so it may be hit or miss! Monday afternoon probably isn't a huge movie rental time either though! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw that vending machine last night - what a cool idea! I had no idea the rentals were only $1... I'll look more closely next time (AH was trying to eat or lick all fruit and veggies in our path, so it was a bit of a juggling act!
EH